Best Dive Watches Under $500
One piece of equipment that every diver needs is a dive watch. Check out our recommended Top 5 best dive watches under $500.
Diving is an activity that people of all skill levels can enjoy. To make diving more enjoyable, it’s important to have the right gear.
Features such as a unidirectional bezel, water resistance, luminescent hands, and markers make it ideal for diving.
On the other hand, dive watches can be expensive too. Luckily, some affordable dive watches still perform well under $500.
While not all watches are created equal, these are some of the key factors to look for when choosing the best.
Important Points to Consider when Purchasing Dive Watches
Unlike regular watches, dive watches are specifically designed to bear underwater pressure, rapid changes in temperature, and magnetism, thus potentially saving one’s life.
In this regard, the following important factors determine how well the watch will perform underwater:
Uni-directional Dive Time Bezel
A unidirectional bezel ensures that you don’t accidentally lose track of time while underwater.
It’s a ring around the watch face that has markings to indicate how much time is left during your dive.
You turn it in one direction, either clockwise or counterclockwise, so it can only rotate one way and keep accurate time.
Dive watches have a water resistance rating. This is measured in meters, and it refers to how deep you can go before the watch will become damaged.
The lower the number, the deeper an activity you will be able to dive with your watch on. For instance, if you are planning on going scuba diving down to 100 feet, you will want a watch with a water resistance of at least 200 meters.
A higher rating makes sure the watch can bear things like dense water, currents, and impacts underwater.
In low light conditions, it can be difficult to read the time on your watch. This is especially true if you are diving and have a mask on.
That’s why it’s important to find a dive watch that has luminescent hands and markers.
These will make it easier for you to read the time no matter how dark it is.
Crown and Screw-down Case Back
The crown is a knob on the side of your watch that is used to adjust the time and date. This knob must be watertight so that no water can enter the watch movement.
On the other hand, a screw-down case back creates a watertight seal between the top of your watch and the crown.
This makes it more difficult for water to seep inside, so you can wear your watch in high-pressure situations like scuba diving or free diving.
The crystal is the clear part of your watch that protects the dial. It’s important to find a dive watch with a scratch-resistant crystal, as this will help keep it looking new for longer.
Mineral crystals are stronger and more scratch-resistant than acrylic crystals, but they can also be more expensive.
Dive watches are subjected to a lot of wear and tear, so you’ll want to find one that is built to last.
Look for watches made with high-quality materials like stainless steel or titanium. These materials will resist corrosion and scratch better than other materials.
Suit your Personality
Just like with any other type of watch, you’ll want to find a dive watch that fits your style. There are a variety of different designs and colors available, so you should be able to find one that matches your personality.
Dive watches can run into hundreds and even thousands of dollars, but many options won’t break your budget. Dive watch prices range from about $100 to over $1000 or more.
Here you’ll find a list of quality dive watches that are under $500. Thus, consider the factors above and choose one of the following dive watches.
Top 5 Best Dive Watches Under $500
So, let’s get find your best diving fellow, as there’s nothing like having your own timekeeper when you take on underwater adventures!
Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Diver Quartz Men’s Watch
The Eco-Drive Promaster Diver Stainless Steel by Citizen is great for adventurers either wearing in the air, on land, or under the sea.
- It has a 200-meter water resistance, which means it can be worn during swimming, snorkeling, or diving at up to 660 feet (~ 201 m) without fear of getting damaged from the pressure.
- Stainless Steel for making it more durable.
- The polyurethane strap is soft and easy to wear.
- Features Citizen’s Eco-Drive technology that charges with any kind of light source including natural sunlight as well as indoor lighting like fluorescent bulbs.
- The time and date are easy to read on the black dial with large, luminous hands and hour markers.
- The watch also has a unidirectional rotating bezel with a black dial ring and white markings, making it easy to keep track of elapsed time when diving.
- An anti-reflective mineral crystal prevents scratches on the surface of the watch face.
- The crown screws tightly into the case to keep water and dust from entering.
All the above features make it one of the best eco-drive dive watches with great functionality and under $500.
Seiko Men’s Prospex Turtle Japanese Automatic Watch
This undisputed watch king, Seiko comes with form, quality, and performance. It has an automatic watch movement that is recharged by any movement with your wrist, so no need for a battery.
This automatic feature makes it one of the most user-friendly dive watches that are also affordable for under $500.
- The watch comes with a Calendar function: Day-Date, Luminous Hands, and Luminous Numbers for an outclass luminescence.
- Its 42mm diameter case just wears like a compact watch and is suitable for most wrists.
- A power reserve of almost 40 hours without winding or wear.
- Features a high-quality silver stainless steel strap with an easy fold-over with a push-button clasp.
- It uses mineral glass over the dial.
- Water pressure resistance of 20 bars and water resistance depth is up to 200 meters.
- Weight only 196 g and turnable bezel function.
Casio Men’s MDV106-1AV 200M Duro Analog Watch, Black
Inspired by the sea, this Casio watch comes with a black resin band and stainless steel case that give it a classic look. It features an easy-to-read, large dial with three hands (hour, minute, second) and hour markers.
- 200 meter (660 feet) water resistance.
- Stainless steel case.
- The resin band makes it comfortable on your wrist when wet or dry and is also adjustable to fit a range of wrist sizes.
- The watch has a unidirectional rotating bezel with elapsed time markings in minutes, making it easy to keep track of elapsed time when diving.
- Black dial with a date window at 3 O’clock.
- The mineral glass window protects the dial face from scratches and other damage.
- It runs on battery power.
- The hands and markers are luminous for easy reading in low light conditions.
Invicta Automatic Pro Diver Stainless Steel Watch
This is an Invicta dive watch that features a unidirectional rotating bezel with elapsed time markings in minutes, making it easy to keep track of elapsed time when diving.
- 200-meter water resistance makes it good for professional marine activity, surface water sports, and deep diving.
- The stainless steel case and band make it durable and resistant to scratches.
- The band is adjustable by adding or removing links, and also comes with a fold-over safety clasp.
- Its mineral crystal window protects the dial face from further damage.
- It runs on automatic movement and is powered by your natural motions, so you never have to worry about batteries!
- Also, features an exhibition case back.
- The hands and markers are both luminous for easy reading in a low-light situation.
Victorinox Swiss Army Men’s I.N.O.X. Watch
This stainless steel watch not only looks sophisticated but also highly resilient and practical.
It features easy to read Dial with large black Arabic numerals and hour markers for a distinguished look. Not only suitable underwater but also ideal for romantic dinners.
- This Swiss Made Victorinox watch is specially engineered to bear 130 extreme endurance homologation tests.
- The case is made from high-grade hypoallergenic stainless steel, perfect for sensitive skin.
- A stainless steel band with a deployment clasp.
- It runs with Analog quartz movement.
- 43mm watch with Military time and date setting.
- Comes with an end-of-life indicator and is also highly scratch-resistant.
- It is a triple-coated watch with an anti-reflective sapphire crystal and screw-down crown.
- The removable black protection bumper and 200 meters of water resistance make it one of the ultimate explorer dive watches, however under $500.
- The watch has a stationary bezel.
- Luminous hands and markers.
Check also: Ultimate Buying Guide Best Snorkel Gear for 2022