Snorkel masks can get pretty dirty after a while, and it can be tough to clean them properly. Dirt and bacteria can build up inside the snorkel mask. Here we have provided an easy solution that includes cleaning a snorkel mask with toothpaste.
Related: Buying Guide Best Snorkel Gear
How to Clean Snorkel Mask in Less Than 5 Minutes with Toothpaste
Snorkeling is a great way to explore the underwater world. However, if your snorkel mask isn’t clean, you could be in for a nasty surprise. Bacteria and other contaminants can build up on the mask, which can cause irritation and even infection.
Clean the snorkel mask with toothpaste in just a matter of minutes! It’s a quick, easy, and affordable method that will leave the mask bacteria-free.
Let’s start with the first step:
Step 1: Gather the Material
First, you’ll need to gather a few supplies. A toothpaste, a soft cloth, and some water. Make sure anti-abrasive toothpaste aside, as you don’t want to damage the mask.
Step 2: Application
Next, wet the cloth with some water and apply a generous amount of toothpaste to it. Rub the cloth over the entire surface of the mask, being sure to get into all the nooks and crannies.
Use your finger to gently apply the toothpaste to the lens.
Step 3: Rinsing
Once you’ve covered the entire mask, rinse it off with some clean water. Do this a few times to remove all the toothpaste.
Step 4: Rinsing and Wiping (Optional)
For those who are highly sensitive to the minty freshness of toothpaste, be aware that during diving it may burn the eyes or cheeks. To avoid this rinse again any excess liquid before getting in with a cloth and then wipe down again once you’re done!
Step 5: Drying
Finally, dry off the mask with a clean towel and store it in a safe place.
That’s it! You’ve now successfully cleaned your snorkel mask with toothpaste. This quick and easy method will leave the mask bacteria-free and looking new.
Advantages of Using Toothpaste to Clean Snorkel Mask
- First, it’s a quick and easy process that doesn’t require any special supplies. All you need is toothpaste, water, and a cloth.
- Second, toothpaste is a great way to get rid of bacteria and other contaminants that can build up on the mask. This will help to keep your skin healthy and free from irritation.
- Finally, toothpaste is a very affordable cleaning solution and is easily available at home.
Precautions while Using Toothpaste to Clean Snorkel Mask
While toothpaste is a great way to clean a snorkel mask, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- First, you can use the toothpaste trick only for glass snorkel lenses because plastic lenses get easily scratched from them.
- Use only non-abrasive toothpaste. Abrasive toothpaste can damage the mask and leave it more susceptible to bacteria.
- Use circular motion while applying the toothpaste.
- Be sure to rinse the mask thoroughly after cleaning. Toothpaste can be difficult to remove and may irritate the skin if it’s not rinsed off completely.
- Try to avoid gel-type toothpaste and use our common white toothpaste.
- If you are highly sensitive to minty fragrances, use fragrance-free toothpaste or kid’s toothpaste with a sweet smell.
- Finally, dry the mask thoroughly before storing it away.
If you follow these simple precautions, you’ll be able to clean your snorkel mask with toothpaste without any problems.
She started BeachXplore as a traveling blog covering particularly amazing beaches which she was lucky to visit and research about. Here you can find her writings on the best beaches, guides on beach wear, items, and more.