It is not an easy task to choose between Egyptian vs Turkish beach towels and tell exactly which is better. As both of them have their own advantages and disadvantages. For instance, Egyptian towels are known for their excellent absorbency, royal touch, and plush feel. While on the other hand, Turkish towels are known for their lightweight, quick-drying, and durable nature.
We have also reviewed the Best Turkish Beach Towels that are available in the contemporary market, in case you want to buy one.
Comparison between Egyptian vs Turkish Beach Towels
While there is no clear winner between Egyptian and Turkish towels. As the climates of both Turkey and Egypt are good and favorable for budding premium-quality cotton.
No matter which one you pick, you’ll end up having a superior-quality cotton towel.
However, this quick comparison will definitely help you to make a good choice in a specific situation and location.
Egyptian Beach Towels:
- Region and Fiber: Egyptian towels are made from cotton that is grown in the Egyptian region which is known for its extreme heat and humid climate. This helps in developing longer, thicker, and denser fibers.
- Nature: The Egyptian cotton fibers are thicker, longer, and more textured than the counter ones. And that’s what makes the highly absorbent towels.
- Ultra-Absorbency: The towels dry you out quickly after any water activity at the beach with their super-absorbent nature. You can also use these super absorbent towels as bath towels, pool towels, or even at the gym.
- Thick and Heavy: They are also heavier than Turkish towels and can be used for a number of purposes. For example, as an extra layer on the bed, a throw, or as a blanket.
- Soft and Plush: With a reputation for being so luxurious, soft, comfortable, and plush, they are perfect to use at various high-end hotels, executive suites, resorts, spas, and saunas.
- Slow Drying: The luxurious Egyptian beach towels are denser and thicker, that’s why they lose their popularity in terms of their slow-drying nature which leads to packing damp beach towels.
- Musty Odor: Damp towels are undoubtedly an ideal breeding ground for bacteria, molds, and mildewy smells.
- Humid Climates: Highly absorbent aka Egyptian towels are not recommended for humid climates. Not only because of their slow-drying nature but also because they absorb moisture from the climate and can become damp without being used.
Turkish Beach Towels
- Region and Fiber: Turkish beach towels use 100% Turkish cotton that is entirely harvested in Turkey and is well-known for its long, strong, and sleek fibers.
- Nature: Long and smooth Turkish cotton fibers help in creating strong, durable, and quick-drying towels.
- Quick-Drying: That makes them perfect for beach vacations and backpacking, as you can reuse them after some time without worrying about packing damp towels.
- Lightweight and Compact: They are lighter than Egyptian towels, making them more convenient to carry around when traveling.
- Better with age: Turkish beach towels are sometimes called “fine wine” because they get better with each use. Washing or moistening the Turkish towels results in a little scruffing up their individual fibers which makes them more absorbent and soft with time.
- Durable and Versatile: This is the most durable and multipurpose towel type that lasts longer and is used in multiple ways etc.
- Less Absorbent: They are generally not as absorbent as the Egyptian ones because of their thin, flat, and lightweight construction.
- Not Plush and Thick: The Turkish Cotton Towels are not recommended for Luxury hotels and long-term executive suites because of their less pampering and less fluff nature as compared to their counter ones.
She started BeachXplore as a traveling blog covering particularly amazing beaches which she was lucky to visit and research about. Here you can find her writings on the best beaches, guides on beach wear, items, and more.