How to Get Sand Out of a Bathing Suit?
Bathing suit filled with Sand? no worries! Read out how can you get sand out of your bathing suit.
6 Handy Steps to Get Sand Out of a Bathing Suit
Follow these easy steps to ditch sand from being stuck in your bathing suit.
Minimize the Pesky Sand Trapping
Firstly, try to minimize the sand trapping between the layers of your bathing suit by following these tips:
- Try to participate in less sandy beach activities like spike ball, volleyball, frisbee, etc. This helps in limiting your direct contact with sand.
- Dedicate one bathing suit to the beach days where you suppose to do more sandy activities like sunbathing on the sand. This will help in keeping your majority of swimming suits from the sticky sand.
- If you are a sand lover then avoid using white bathing suits. As it clearly shows any remaining trapped sand in your bathing suit even after washing.
Shake, Shake and Shake Again
After enjoying sand, sea, and sun, don’t wait until the annoying sand is caked onto your bathing suit. As the sticky trapped sand requires much energy and time to remove.
Take quick action by shaking your swimsuit again and again. Next, turn it inside out and then shake it again. One can easily get any surface sand out of a bathing suit by shaking it simply.
Hand Rinse Thoroughly
After removing the surface sand from a brisk shaking, the next step is to simply rinse your lovely swimsuit in cool water for around 10-15 minutes.
- Take a tub and fill it with cool water
- Put your bathing suit in it
- Hand rinse it for 10-15 minutes
- Moreover, hand rinses the target areas thoroughly where you can still feel the pesky sand trapped between the fibers of your swimming suit.
Wash after Every Use
We recommend washing your swimsuit after every use even after a pool or tan day. Saltwater, chlorine, tanning oil, sun, sand, and frequent use of sunscreen body lotions can all ruin your bathing suit if you forget to wash it after every use.
- Always use clean water for washing.
- Avoid using harsh detergents.
- Try to hand wash your swimsuits.
- Avoid using bleach and other chemicals.
- Rinse again with cool and clean water, properly.
Dry it Completely
Once you have washed your bathing suit, the next step is drying it out completely before storing or using it again by following these steps:
- Firstly, take a dry and clean towel.
- Gently press your bathing suit inside the towel to remove excess moisture.
- Avoid wringing the swimsuit as it can stretch out the fabric of your beach mate.
- Avoid direct sunlight for drying as it can damage the fabric and fade the color of the swimsuit.
- Lay your bathing suit flat or hang it dry.
- Finally, dry it completely before storing or using it again to avoid odor and molds.
Shake Again and Blow Dry
Now, give your dry-out suit a shake again. This will give it a final touch of detaching the pesky beach sand.
The final but optional step is to blow dry your swimsuit. This will help to get its pre-sand glory and make it ready for your next sandy beach adventure!
Check Also: How to get Beach Sand off your Feet?