How to Wash Norwex Beach Towel?
As a frequent beachgoer, it’s good to know how to wash the Norwex Beach Towel with some easy-peasy steps.
Norwex beach towel is known for its self-contained BacLock antibacterial agent that works to self-purify the towel in between uses if you forget to wash it after a beach day out.
One needs to wash them after a while for keeping them fresh, clean, mildew-free, and odor-free.
Let’s get into it with the following smart washing steps.
Easy Steps to Wash Norwex Beach Towel
Norwex beach towels are loved because of their ultra-absorbent, quick-drying, sand-free, lightweight, thin, oversized, self-cleaning, and portable nature.
After using the Norwex beach towel for an entire beach vacation, now it’s time to know how to wash it with care for keeping its super cool look for your next summer holidays.
Steps to Wash Light Dirty Towels
We have already discussed that the Norwex beach towels come with a BacLock antibacterial agent that keeps the damp towels from mold, mildew, musty odors, and bacteria.
To save energy, water, detergents, and the environment, make sure to follow the below steps on how to clean slightly dirty Norwex beach towels:
- First, separate your slightly dirty towels from other dirt-caked and stained towels.
- Give them a strong shake for removing any sand or dirt.
- Get Norwex Dishwashing Liquid or any mild washing liquid.
- Wash the towels under warm tap water, preferably with Norwex Dishwashing liquid.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean and warm running water.
- Hang dry and use again before actual laundering.
Steps to Wash Extra-dirty Towels
Before washing, make sure to separate the light and dark-colored laundry.
1. Removing Stubborn Stains
It is good to spot-clean first before tossing it into the washing machine. Always make sure to soak it in the hot water for 2-3 minutes. This allows the towel’s fibers to swell up and releases the stain.
Secondly, if forget to do this, simply use a hot wash cycle that helps to swell the fibers and release any stubborn dirt. This will also help in fluffing up the towel again.
2. Wash with Lint-free Laundry
It is highly recommended to avoid throwing fluffy towels, blankets, or linty laundry in the washing machine while tossing Norwex beach towels in the washer. You can wash your Norwex beach towels with other lint-free towels or sheets, etc.
3. Use of Detergents
It is good to wash your towels by using Norwex Ultra Power PlusTM Laundry Detergent and always remember to use less detergent.
You can use any other eco-friendly detergent that comes without fillers, bleach, and chemicals for keeping them in good condition.
Don’t use fabric softener, bleach, and dryer sheets for washing your Norwex beach towels. Because these additives will leave their residues that coat the surface of the fabric’s fibers. This reduces the absorbency and makes it scratchy and stiff.
4. Removing Musty Odors
For getting rid of any stinky and nasty smells, use the following two magical ingredients:
- Vinegar: Add only a cup of vinegar to your rinse cycle while washing the towels. Make sure to use vinegar while running the hot wash cycle.
- Odor Eliminator: You can also use a good commercial Odor Eliminator to remove the bad odor. It’s good to mix a capful of odor eliminator into the water of your washing machine. But, make sure to pour it at the start of the load and use a warm wash cycle for an odor-eliminator spell.
5. Drying and Storing
It is always good to hang dry or air dry for a fresh and soft feel. If you are in a hurry, use a moderate dryer at up to 60°C for drying. Dry them separately from other textiles and don’t overdry to avoid stiffening.
After drying well, fold them right away and let them sit overnight to avoid wrinkles. While storing, choose an airy space and put some lavender sachets to keep the bugs and mildew smells away.